Thursday, March 17, 2011

Japan's Heart


There is such a thing as innate goodness. When push comes to shove, what makes humans different intelligent beings are the choices they make when they could easily act beastly and would in fact be forgiven by society's supposed higher moral of ethics.  You can pass it off as human's animalistic nature and you will be pardoned for the act. In school I was taught that Godly creations are intrinsically good. I have long believed this to be true and have somewhat tried to live my life giving out explanations after explanations why certain people, culture or society act the way they do when they are in fact essentially pure and God-like.

Circumstances has made me question and rethink my faith. I hang on to whatever sliver or strand I can hang on to. Grab on every minute proof that I can grab on to. Believe and keep on believing because I simply know in my heart it is true.

The recent catastrophe in Japan and its nation is heart wrenching to say the least. I have purposely avoided looking at any picture or video or reading articles and watching television. I only know about it from facebook and twitter and from snippets of conversations with friends. The little I know will surely not even cover up the tip of the iceberg that is the recent disaster. But what I keep on discovering is the infinite goodness of its nation and people.  Japan is truly a great nation.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bloglovin