Friday, December 9, 2011

i bought a dream today

I bought a dream today. And i feel light as air as the hope it brings to my senses. Sometimes it takes a month. two months, maybe years... just to see what it is really that is our heart's desire. 

When we have been so used to our daily routine, existence sorts of become a must rather than the celebration it is supposed to be. Then everyday is just a multitude of dragging your feet and being caught up with a system that we feel strapped in. When we get to this stage, it becomes a trap of the most dangerous kind. You become complacent. Content but not really content. Happiness is laughable. Reality surreal. But when you snap and suddenly wake up, then that's when change would come settling in. 



It has been too far too long a wait to stand a chance of sanity. The devil becomes the advocate. That devil in me. What used to be a statement: I can be what i want to be. Becomes a question: I can be what i want to be? Becomes more vague: Can I? Then eventually with finality: I am what I want to be. I just bought a dream today. It took me probably hundreds of hours of waiting, but happened in one single unexpected glimpse on a window. 



I bought a dream today. And finally beside me, another journey.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bloglovin