Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hail to a new world leader.....Pope Francis

It started out as it always does everyday. I wake up and reach over to my phone to check emails, then instagram, play a round of candy crush, then Facebook and read through the stream of posts and messages that happened all over while i was sleeping. Then one post catches my eye and I am wide awake. A new Pope has been elected. It is a good day for Catholics the world over.

image of Pope Francis from forbes.com

Bishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires has been hailed as the new Pope succeeding Pope Benedict XVI born Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger. He is the first to take on the name of Francis in all of the Papal history. In many ways he is bridging a lot of gaps within and outside of the Catholic Church. He is the first Latin American pope and the first Jesuit. He is said to be a conservative and yet has done many things that has been viewed as liberal.


video from YouTube

Personally I am very happy that we have a Pope again. I am wishing the Pope good years ahead. He will surely be faced with a lot of trials and for that I wish him good health for many years to come. He has a humble kind aura about him. I hope he has enough strength and wisdom to be a symbol that would unite not only Catholics but people of different religions and beliefs.

VIVA IL PAPA!!! Mabuhay!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bloglovin