Saturday, March 16, 2013

Maybelline's Clear Smooth All-In-One Shine Free Foundation

It's been a while that I've been on a hunt for a no frills easy to use, light to medium coverage powder foundation that wouldn't break my piggy bank....not that i have one. So I've been scouting around for a few products when i came across Maybelline's Clear Smooth All-In-One Shine Free Foundation in Watson's Maybelline section. It has limited shades in my opinion but since i am no expert on make-up or foundations, the range is enough to cover most skin colors. I chose to buy the re-fill in color honey which is less than Ph200 for the 9 gram/ 0.32 oz package in a whitish pinkish iridescent color.

i got this advertising collateral/ ad from surfing the net, i think this is not the packaging that's available in the Philippines, this is from another Asian country but the product is the same

It is a bit yellowish and about a shade and a half to two tones lighter than my skin tone but since i am acidic i chose this color to even out my skin tone which has the tendency to be patchy and uneven. The first time i put it on, i think it altered my undertone a bit and made me a bit more yellowish than normal. But I like it because it provides enough coverage for everyday use. I use it together with the Maybelline Gel Foundation. I like how it blends well together. You just have to get the hang of it to avoid looking like you have been dredged with powder. The texture is a bit dry and powdery. It's good that it doesn't have any over-powering scent. It smells just how an unscented powder would smell like and that is good for me because i cannot stand to put anything with scent near my nose.

 this is what i bought in HONEY shade

It provides light and medium coverage and has SPF25 for additional sun protection. I have been using this for a couple of months now and i noticed that towards the middle of the day, especially when i go out of the air-conditioned area of our office and i sweat, i get oily spots on my t-zone. It's okay for me though because i still want my skin to breathe and not be covered up by lots of stuff that would clog pores. Given the price, i think it is worth your money for a good quality and inexpensive powder/ foundation for day time.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bloglovin